Queen Of My Heart

By | 12:00 PM Leave a Comment

When you have nightmares, who is the one that comes running? When you fall, who picks you up? Who gives you life advices when you need it most? Who holds you when you cry because of heartbreak, who holds you? Who? You’re mother. That’s who. Sure, there are times when your mom annoys you, but you have to remember all the trouble and pain she went through raising you, shaping you to be the person you are now.





My mom, Hanariza Musa is a saint for being able to raise all of us in a somewhat perfect household. My parents are really strict but if they weren’t my siblings and I might be causing chaos because they can’t control us. While my dad is super strict, my mom is slightly lenient when we want to have fun. She’s the one saying that we should do what we want to do as long as it doesn’t break the rules.

Raising a shedevil like me is not an easy feat. What with all the climbing, the terrorizing and trouble making I was doing, she had the patient of a saint to be able to control me. Unlike most parents nowadays who babies their children, my mom ruled our household with an iron fist. When other parents are telling the teachers not to hurt their child, my mom went ahead and say go ahead, hit her if she’s not doing well. Shocking huh? But that’s my mom. She wants what’s best for us.





While I’m a shedevil, my other siblings aren’t any better. Each of us has our own personality and my mom never complained even once when she is raising us. My brothers can be causing havoc and yet she would just give them a look and they know they’re screwed. That is how powerful my mom is.

One thing that we are not doing nowadays is appreciating her. We let her do everything without offering any help. Well this needs to stop. Appreciating her doesn’t necessarily mean spending money on her. In fact, you can do that by just offering to lighten up her work load. Help around the house a little so she has time to relax and rest. Maybe once a while, cook dinner for her. She might not say it out loud, but she does appreciate your help.

My mom might not be as cool or as hip as your mom, but she’s my mom. That’s what matters the most. Words cannot convey how much I love my mom because without her, I wouldn’t be the person I am today and for that, I am forever grateful to have her in my life.

So Mom, you are the love of my life, the light at the end of the tunnel. I love you so much and thank you. For everything.




0 comments:

Post a Comment