How could she love a wretch like me?

By | 7:00 PM Leave a Comment




Mom would always tell me to stand up straight and look people in the eyes and tell them ‘You do not own me’. She is the very definition of strong. Mom’s advices would reach the rooftops with her high pitched voice but I know she means well. We do not appreciate mom that much and it bothers me that I forget.

Mom could not hate me even when I’ve let her down. She can be very tired of what I’ve turned out to be, yet she keeps cheering me on, taking my side every time. Mom would always take my word over anyone’s because her trust in me can knock down mountains.

Mom takes everyone’s fault and puts them on her shoulders. She carries them around for me so that I would not feel the weight of the world. Mom would panic even at the slightest wound on my knee and scold me afterwards for worrying her. Mom means well.

Even if this is in writing, or I express my thoughts about her in music, it will never be enough, it will never suffice how I would die for this woman who took care of a devil such as me. I still believe I do not deserve any ounce of her love, but here I am, still being loved dearly. Mom makes it seem like I am worthy of being loved from head to toe.


I would not be here today if it wasn’t for the way she brought me up and the way she hugs me tightly after every storm that hits my sky. I will forever love the woman that can take bullets from people’s mouth and flaunt back her immunity. She is forever my home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment