Food Review: Double A Cafe

By | 11:00 AM Leave a Comment


Recently, being the good sister that I am, I decided to treat my brothers to tea. (It was actually just a reason for me to eat cakes!) Since Jakim recently revoked Secret Recipe’s Halal certificate, I had to find some other place for my cake fix. While going around Ara Damansara, I found this small café, so small, I almost missed it if it wasn’t for my brother’s sharp eyes.





What actually made me stop at Double A Café is that even from the outside, it seems to be calling me. Thanks to the husband-and-wife team Aiman and Alia, this café is designed to give the customers a homey and friendly feeling to the customers. Double A café will definitely capture your interest once you’ve stepped inside. While the shop is spacious, they made use of the space and created a cozy space for you to kick back and relax after a stressful day.






And while you’re at it, why not give their coffee a try? Ranging from RM9.00 to RM11.00, you can pick any kind of coffee that suits your mood. During my visit, I tried the Double A Dark Chocolate Mocha with marshmallow and even though I’m not supposed to drink coffee, this drink was really worth it. With drinks such as that and crème Brûlée latte, I’d say you’d have a field day, just trying to make up your mind!






However, they do not bake the cakes themselves. Rather, they create a partnership with several other bakeries such as Gulabakery, Gateauxlicious, Cake Jalan Tiung and many others. With these partnerships, they are never short of amazing cakes! Their cakes are ranging from RM11.00 to RM15.00 but take it from me, IT IS WORTH YOUR MONEY. The cakes will melt in your mouth and it comes in a big portion!





Other than cakes and coffees, Double A café also have more fulfilling meals such as pastas and sandwiches for those who thinks that cakes is not enough. (GASPS!) Their Pesto Cheese Melt is actually one of the recommended meals. This three layer sandwich, served with a side of salad is just enough for those who skipped lunch.





So for those hipster café hunters, there’s a new café in town and it needs to be explored. So if you’re looking for a place to catch-up with your girlfriends, I’d say give this place a try! Who knows, it might be your preferred hang-out place soon!

Double A Café
E-1-3, Pacific Place Commercial Centre,
Jalan PJU 1A/4,
Ara Damansara. 


Photo Credits TimeoutKL

0 comments:

Post a Comment